Saturday, June 28, 2014

Morphe Brushes: Part 1 Face Brushes



      I have been on the hunt for great quality makeup brushes at affordable prices.  I have a vast collection from just about every company out there.    Most recently. I had the honor of attending a Flawless Face makeup class by one of my favorite mua, Angel Merino aka Mac Daddy.  His tools of choice were all, Morphe Brushes PLUS he used several eye shadows from Morphe!  In this particular class, it was an intimate, up close viewing of him applying a full day to night face, explaining each step.   I was amazed at the way the brushes all applied. He also passed items around for us to hold and touch. I instantly jumped on my phone to order, the second I left the class.


     Here I will run down my most used Morphe Brushes and give you info/details.  I will separate this into a multi part "series". Because I have so many favorites, it will be best to break it down into functions. 

      To order: please visit their site www.MorpheBrushes.com.  They have a physical store in sunny Burbank, Cali. Not only are the brushes extremely inexpensive (ranging from $1.99-13.99 averaging around $3.00 for most brushes)  Also check them out on Instagram @MorpheBrushes    (I was not paid to write this nor will I be compensated if purchases are made, as a result of my posts. ) 

      Lets start with face/foundation brushes.
   The B9 Deluxe Oval foundation brush is amazing! It is in the Luna/Luna Badger collection.  Price is $4.99.  This brush has a long steardy black handle, and a full oval tapered head of white with black bristles.  It does slightly absorb product, however not much.  It is great for cream or thick liquid foundation.  It leaves no streaks! I love to pat foundation on using the flat side.  
    


      The m436 Mini Duo Fiber is also a great foundation brush  At $6.99 it is a steal.  It is identical to my Mac 188, but a bit shorter thicker head.  It is great for thinner liquid foundation.  I also use it to apply a light wash of blush or bronzer as it picks up only small amounts of product.
  




    The IB107 Medium Oval Foundation brush, is actually on the smaller side.  It is Italian Badger, long but thin brush head is perfect for applying under eye concealer (in a patting motion) or applying cream contour in small but precise places.  
    


   The M437 Pro Blender/Contour is BY FAR my fav brush from Morphe.  It has a full, dense, slightly rounded top brush head. It is even better then the Mac 109. I can not say enough good about this brush.  I use it to contour, then to apply blush. At $6.99, you must own this brush!


    These brushes are ALL well made, have mid weight wooden handles and have the brush head attached well. I have not had ANY shedding.  I wash my face brushes atleast once a week if not once every 3-4 days, as I wear makeup almost every day.  You can buy synthetic or animal hair brushes from Morphe.     When I order from the site, I receive confirmation email immediately and another email once it ships. Orders take between 2-5 business days to process and shipping is quick. I receieved my orders packaged in plastic, then placed in a bubble mailer. Sent First Class usps. You have options to shipping carriers and lengths.  


   In my next installment I will outline eye brushes including the 5-6 blending brushes Im obsessed with.   I will also be adding measurements for the brushes. 


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the eye brush review!!! Thanks girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did USPS deliver to your door? Because I am not sure which one to choose.

    ReplyDelete